www.aka.ms.yourpc is a Windows phone portal for linking your smartphone with your Windows PC so that you can use your phone’s messages, notifications, and apps from your Windows PC. Enjoy as you get real-time notifications of mobile on your PC.
Emailing yourself all images is not required now as you can easily share everything between your PC and phone. All works like copying, editing and dragging are possible with www.aka.ms.yourpc without touching your phone.
- You can make calls and receive from your PC.
- Manage your text messages from your PC.
- Get immediate access to everything on your phone from your PC.
- You can easily drag and drop files between phone and PC.
- Make use of the PC’s bigger screen, keyboard, and touchscreen to interact with your phone from your PC.
Linking the Phone to a Windows PC Requirements
- Your phone companion: Link to the app of Windows on your android device. Do not get worried when you do not have this app on your android device. We have an easy way where you need to go to the web browser on your phone and visit www.aka.ms.yourpc. This directs you to the official page of your phone companion app on the Google Play store.
- Your phone application on your Windows PC: Users having Windows 10 version and above, from October 2018, you will have the phone app installed on their pc.
- Wi-Fi connection: Both devices should remain connected to a reliable internet connection.
How To Install Your Phone App On Android – www.aka.ms.yourpc
- First of all, on your smartphone, open the default browser and visit www.aka.ms.yourpc.
- If you are using a compatible Samsung smartphone, then you will be redirected to the Microsoft sign-in page.
- If you are using an Android phone which is not a Samsung model, then you will be redirected to the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the “Install” button next to Your Phone Companion – Link To Windows application to install the app on your smartphone.
- Once installed successfully, tap on the “Open” button to start using the app. Grant permissions for all the asked categories and sign in to your Microsoft account.
How To Link Phone To Windows Using Your Phone App
After installing the Your Phone Companion – Link To Windows application on your Android smartphone, follow the simple steps given below to link both your smartphone and the Windows PC.
- First of all, make sure both the devices (smartphone and PC) are nearby and are connected to the same wi-fi.
- Now, go to the search bar on your desktop and type “your phone” in the search bar. From the given related results, open the “Your Phone” app.
- In the Your Phone app on your Windows PC, click on the “Add a phone” button to go to the next page.
- Next, select “Android” and when prompted, sign in to your Microsoft account. Make sure you are using the same account as that your phone.
- Now, on your Android device, go to www.aka.ms.yourpc and install the Your PC Companion – Link To Windows application. Open the app and sign in using your Microsoft account.
- If you have a Samsung device, then the app will be pre-installed on your device. You can visit www.aka.ms.yourpc to install the app if it is not there on your Samsung device.
- Next, on your PC, check the box for “I have the Your Phone Companion app installed on my phone” and click on the “Open QR code” button.
- A QR code will appear on your PC screen. Scan this QR code on your Android device.
- That’s it. You have successfully linked your phone and PC using www.aka.ms.yourpc feature on Microsoft.
What is the best way to connect a Windows PC to a phone?
When you are starting from your Android phone – follow these steps:
- Install your phone companion, a link to the windows app on any device, by visiting www.aka.ms.yourpc in your web browser.
- Sign in to the app with the same Microsoft account you used for signing in to your Microsoft account. Ensure you are logged on in your account in the OC.
- Once you have signed in. the app provokes you to sign the QR code on your pc.
- Open the browser on your PC to get the QR code and go to www.aka.ms.yourpc.
- The webpage prompts you to open the app if your phone is already preinstalled. When you click on Open your Phone, the app will open and displays the QR code for scanning.
- Scan this code through your Android phone.
- Some device permission is asked on your device, and you need to allow this permission to enable your PC to access files from another place.
- Once the process gets over, the two devices get linked for you to get all benefits.
When you are starting from computer – follow these steps:
- Install the Your Phone app from the Microsoft Store on your Windows PC.
- Search for Your Phone in the taskbar’s search option. From the results, open the app.
- Select the appropriate phone model (Android).
- Now use your Microsoft account to log in. This account should be the same as the one used to log in to your phone.
- On your Android phone, download the Your Phone Companion app. To do so, open your phone’s web browser and go to www.aka.ms.yourpc. This link will either take you to the app’s page in the Google Play Store or will start the Your Phone Companion app that comes preinstalled on your phone.
- Log in to this companion app using the same Microsoft account you used on your computer. On the phone, a screen to scan a QR code will appear.
- Allow the permissions prompted on your screen once the devices are linked. You will be able to use all of Your Phone’s capabilities as a result of this.